Monday, February 2, 2009

I Do

So in June 2003 Me and Marshall decided to take a vacation. I had been working at the bank a while and Marshall had finished school and was working at MacSteel for over a year. We decided on Cocoa Beach, FL. While there he wanted to visit the San Diego Golf Academy in Orlando. He was in love. Golf is his passion. He was really serious. After getting home and getting paper work he requested from the school I knew he was serious. The more he talked about it the more I thought, "Could I really leave everything and everyone to move to FL with my boyfriend?". I voiced my concern. Marshall thought about it and saw my point. In July it was just a normal day when I thought Marshall was going to leave and go without me. He went on about how he knew it would be hard and he understood why I didn't want to go THEN as I was about to start crying he said "Or you could marry me". I didn't know if I should laugh or cry. LOL. Obviously I said yes. I immediately started looking at wedding plans. Being 19 I had no idea what I was even doing. So I thought it would be best for us to just elope and get married in FL. My parents had something else in mind. My mother told me to keep my options open. That is when she wanted to take me to a place to see if I liked it. We pulled up and it was beautiful. The Falcon Manor Historical Mansion. This was the place. I knew it would be perfect. It was booked on the spot. Being said this meant the wedding was in 2 short months. September 27th 2003. I found a dress that fit perfect, had the bridemaids picked and found some dresses right off of a JCPenny rack, the guys tuxes were ordered, the cake was ordered, the Mansion was paid to do all the food and decorations, the photographer was hired. Next thing I knew the wedding was in 1 week. I had no worries. The whole morning of the wedding it poured rain. Normally wouldn't be a big deal but our wedding was outside in the courtyard. They called that morning and wanted to know what we wanted to do. We could move the wedding inside the carraige house or try to see if it will stop and maybe have the wedding later than planned. I told them to hold off. I had a feeling it would stop. Sure enough it ended up being a bright and sunny day. I think I will let the pictures speak for the rest of the day. I couldn't wait to tell this man "I Do" .

This is my mom helping me with all those finishing touches.



And my Maid of Honor, Jessica. Even way back then I don't know what I would have done without her.

I was ready to marry the man of my dreams.


This is my dad. He just told me how beautiful I was all day.


These were my girls. Jessica, Tessa, Beth, and Kara.
Our flower girl and ring bearer were both little girls and sisters. Marshall's cousins. We had absolutely no boys on either side at this point. The girls did a wonderful job.

Marshall's best man was his brother, Chris. His groomsmen were Dusty, Ricky, and Tony.
Now it was time for my daddy to walk me down.

This part went by so fast. Before I knew it we were married and I was Mrs. Lorance.
This was in front of the Mansion right after the wedding. We had a few minutes alone.
It was time for cake. You know I made him go first....
And our toaste.
then the 1st dance as husband and wife
We all knew Kara would catch it. She had a foot on everyone. LOL.Gotta love the pink flipflops.
I still love all these girls!
Of course, Marshall couldn't wait to get out of that tux. Bubbles everywhere. A perfect day coming to an end. The day I said, "I Do".

1 comment:

  1. Hey now....It must've been good luck. I married the man I had just met before your wedding and like you, the rest is history! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete