Sunday, January 5, 2014

"When you feel like quitting, think about why you started."

Almost a full week into 2014 and I am just getting over the flu. 
I didn't make it till midnight, we didn't have our pajama dance party like I planned, and I didn't make any goals for the new year. 😢 I have been thinking about some things I would like for this year but haven't made them official by writing them out. Most of them involve family, friends, and bettering myself. Isn't that what we all want? 
The husband and I did manage a little date night in the weekend. BWW, dinner, football, a beverage, and the movies. I haven't been to the movies in a long time but it's a perfect winter date night. Thanks to our great friends the Switzers for watching our babies for a few hours. 


One thing I will update on is I am so happy to say that Marshall works a morning shift job now. It was a very tought last few years with him working a 12-9 pm schedule. We made it work but it wasn't fun or easy. I'm so very thankful that my husband has a great job and supports our family. However, it is extremely cold (I think the high is 9 tomorrow) and he works for the electric company. I'm sure he probably thinks I don't give it much thought since I am home and warm, but that's not true. I worry. I wonder if he is warm. I think about if he packed enough to eat. I think about what he is working on. I know the further he gets in his job the more I am going to worry. I love him and I worry. All the time.  Prayers tonight and tomorrow that he stays safe and warm tomorrow.  
I'll be thinking of those goals that I want to put out there but for tonight I'll leave you with a picture of our first little snow of 2014! 

No comments:

Post a Comment