Saturday, February 28, 2009

My baby boy

So the story continues. When Bryce was getting close to 2 me and Marshall started to think about our life and our family. Marshall really wanted to have at least 2 kids and have them close together. Him and his brother were 5 years apart and he didn't want that. That is when we made the decision to go ahead and see what happens with a second child. Little did we know we may already have had this planned before the talk. The plan was to try to get pregnant around Bryce's 2nd birthday and hopefully be potty trained so we wouldn't have 2 in diapers. Well might I just say one of us is SUPER fertile. LOL. Austin was already growing in mommy's tummy at Bryce's 2nd birthday. I was 4 months pregnant. When we found out we also decided to buy our first home. Bryce was not thrilled to be getting a brother. He was so use to being the only one there and being very spoiled himself. I don't really think he understood what was going on. Well I had the best pregnancy I could ask for. Sick in the morning every now and then. Tried to walk every day. I was also pregnant with a friend and that was nice. I felt great! Well 8 months pregnant I was already starting to dilate and Austin was measuring big. Dr wasn't concerned but had a good feeling with this being me second he might come a little early. My due date was April 4th but we went ahead and scheduled to induce at the end of March because they knew he was going to be a BIG boy. Well my body knew things were going to happen differently. I woke up on March 20th like normal. Marshall was getting ready to leave for work. I went to the bathroom and SCREAMED. I wasn't in pain but was bleeding like you wouldn't believe. I though that something was really wrong or I was going to have this baby in the bathroom. Thank Goodness Marshall hadn't left yet. He came in there and grabbed Bryce and helped me to the car. WE dropped Bryce off at his parent at 5 in the morning and went straight to the hospital. On the way there contractions started getting about 3-4 minutes apart. Come to find out everything was fine. Something was happening where you are dilating and your are "effacing" at the same time and it just pushed everything out. Baby was great though I was just in labor. A weight was lifted. Come to find out though I was dilated to a 5 almost 6 and 100% effaced. With my OBGYN being in C-Sections all morning they wanted me to try to hold off so he could deliver so I got my epidural and just waited. Around noon he came in and said he was almost finished to they gave me some medicine to get things going again since I couldn't feel anything. That went right into effect. Not even 2 hours later Austin Dale Lorance showed his beautiful face. Almost 3 weeks early but perfect in every way. 7 lbs 4 oz and 21 inches long. Just minutes oldBryce meets his baby brother
1 day old

1 comment:

  1. I remember these pics and I also remember you texting me to tell me that you were on your way to the hospital to have him, oh it was so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete